To provide effective information security services to our stakeholders through user-centered approaches that integrate technology, training, research and policy development.
South African Cenre for Information Security is Committed
- To help organisations in South African and the SADC region to effectively manage the organisational risks related to information security by providing them with policies, methods and tools to improve, measure and monitor the information security status of their organisation.
- To evaluate the key innovative user-centric security methods, technologies and policies that will yield significant impact.
- To educate employees, management, policy makers, and information security leaders, and train current professionals in the most up-to-date methods for securing information and information systems.
- To Provide a trusted set of resources where individuals, government, business, civial society and the public sector can access, understand, and evaluate issues pertaining to emerging threats to our information and information systems.
- To protect the interests of organisation relying on information, and the information systems and communications that deliver the information, from harm resulting from failures of availability, confidentiality, and integrity".
- To help national standard setting authorities to formulate and produce local information security standards inorder to encourage organisations to be compliant with this national information security standard. [eg. ISO/IEC 17799UK (BS 7799) NZ Standard (NZS 4444) USA NIST standards]